Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
Core Tasks Include:
- Take photographs of displays or signage.
- Plan commercial displays to entice and appeal to customers.
- Place prices or descriptive signs on backdrops, fixtures, merchandise, or floor.
- Change or rotate window displays, interior display areas, or signage to reflect changes in inventory or promotion.
- Obtain plans from display designers or display managers and discuss their implementation with clients or supervisors.
- Develop ideas or plans for merchandise displays or window decorations.
- Consult with advertising or sales staff to determine type of merchandise to be featured and time and place for each display.
- Arrange properties, furniture, merchandise, backdrops, or other accessories, as shown in prepared sketches.
- Construct or assemble displays or display components from fabric, glass, paper, or plastic, using hand tools or woodworking power tools, according to specifications.
- Collaborate with others to obtain products or other display items.
- Select themes, lighting, colors, or props to be used.
- Attend training sessions or corporate planning meetings to obtain new ideas for product launches.
- Install booths, exhibits, displays, carpets, or drapes, as guided by floor plan of building or specifications.
- Consult with store managers, buyers, sales associates, housekeeping staff, or engineering staff to determine appropriate placement of displays or products.
- Maintain props, products, or mannequins, inspecting them for imperfections, doing touch-ups, cleaning up after customers, or applying preservative coatings as necessary.
- Assemble or set up displays, furniture, or products in store space, using colors, lights, pictures, or other accessories to display the product.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Use computers to produce signage.
- Dress mannequins for displays.
- Instruct sales staff in color coordination of clothing racks or counter displays.
- Prepare sketches, floor plans, or models of proposed displays.
- Cut out designs on cardboard, hardboard, or plywood, according to motif of event.
- Install decorations, such as flags, banners, festive lights, or bunting on or in building, street, exhibit hall, or booth.
- Create or enhance mannequin faces by mixing and applying paint or attaching measured eyelash strips, using artist's brush, airbrush, pins, ruler, or scissors.
- Supervise or train staff members on daily tasks, such as visual merchandising.
- Store, pack, and maintain inventory records of props, products, or display items.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™. (Using onet27)