Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that extrude and form filaments from synthetic materials such as rayon, fiberglass, or liquid polymers.
- Load materials into extruding and forming machines, using hand tools, and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Move controls to activate and adjust extruding and forming machines.
- Record details of machine malfunctions.
- Notify other workers of defects, and direct them to adjust extruding and forming machines.
- Press buttons to stop machines when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected.
- Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect malfunctions such as clogged bushings and defective binder applicators.
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet26)
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)