Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Set up, operate, or tend machines to crush, grind, or polish materials, such as coal, glass, grain, stone, food, or rubber.
- Read work orders to determine production specifications and information.
- Observe operation of equipment to ensure continuity of flow, safety, and efficient operation, and to detect malfunctions.
- Move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment that crushes, grinds, polishes, or blends materials.
- Record data from operations, testing, and production on specified forms.
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products, visually or with hands, to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products at specified intervals to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Clean, adjust, and maintain equipment, using hand tools.
- Notify supervisors of needed repairs.
- Reject defective products and readjust equipment to eliminate problems.
- Clean work areas.
- Transfer materials, supplies, and products between work areas, using moving equipment and hand tools.
- Dislodge and clear jammed materials or other items from machinery and equipment, using hand tools.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet27)
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)