Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices, such as rulers, micrometers, or scales.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- Stack and sort cut material for packaging, further processing, or shipping, according to types and sizes of material.
- Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
- Press buttons, pull levers, or depress pedals to start and operate cutting and slicing machines.
- Adjust machine controls to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- Maintain production records, such as quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet27)
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)