Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Verify depths and dimensions of cuts or carvings to ensure adherence to specifications, blueprints, or models, using measuring instruments.
- Lay out designs or dimensions from sketches or blueprints on stone surfaces, freehand or by transferring them from tracing paper, using scribes or chalk and measuring instruments.
- Drill holes and cut or carve moldings and grooves in stone, according to diagrams and patterns.
- Shape, trim, or touch up roughed-out designs with appropriate tools to finish carvings.
- Select chisels, pneumatic or surfacing tools, or sandblasting nozzles, and determine sequence of use.
- Move fingers over surfaces of carvings to ensure smoothness of finish.
- Cut, shape, and finish rough blocks of building or monumental stone, according to diagrams or patterns.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet26)
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)