Core Tasks Include:
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Start machines or equipment to begin production processes.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Remove products, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
- Pack and store materials and products.
- Transfer finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Mark or tag identification on parts.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Record information, such as the number of products tested, meter readings, or dates and times of product production.
- Separate products according to weight, grade, size, or composition of materials used to produce them.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of liquids or air, to reverse machines, to start pumps, or to regulate equipment.
- Tie products in bundles for further processing or shipment, following prescribed procedures.
- Signal coworkers to direct them to move products during the production process.
- Prepare raw materials for processing.
- Measure amounts of products, lengths of extruded articles, or weights of filled containers to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Thread ends of items such as thread, cloth, and lace through needles and rollers, and around take-up tubes.
- Read gauges or charts, and record data obtained.
- Mix ingredients according to specified procedures or formulas.
- Position spouts or chutes of storage bins so that containers can be filled.
- Fold products and product parts during processing.
- Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
- Unclamp and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, or other fabricating machines, using power hoists.
- Dump materials such as prepared ingredients into machine hoppers prior to mixing.
- Break up defective products for reprocessing.
- Change machine gears, using wrenches.
- Cut or break flashing from materials or products.
- Perform minor repairs to machines, such as replacing damaged or worn parts.
- Attach slings, ropes, or cables to objects such as pipes, hoses, or bundles.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™. (Using onet27)