Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Monitor meters and pressure gauges to determine consumption rate variations, temperatures, and pressures.
- Adjust valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
- Read gas meters, and maintain records of the amounts of gas received and dispensed from holders.
- Operate power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases, or powdered materials.
- Record instrument readings and operational changes in operating logs.
- Move controls and turn valves to start compressor engines, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- Turn knobs or switches to regulate pressures.
- Respond to problems by adjusting control room equipment or instructing other personnel to adjust equipment at problem locations or in other control areas.
- Take samples of gases and conduct chemical tests to determine gas quality and sulfur or moisture content, or send samples to laboratories for analysis.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment, and replace filters and gaskets, using hand tools.
- Submit daily reports on facility operations.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet26)
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)