Career Development for Students Living in Poverty
About this toolkit: The Career Development Strategies for Students Living in Poverty toolkit combines research from career development, motivation, and poverty in education.
Tips for using this toolkit:
- View this presentation to learn about career development strategies that can be used with students living in poverty.
- Learn about the effects of poverty on children from these reports and research
- First Focus Snapshot of Children Living in Poverty in 2019
- APA Fact Sheet: Education and Socioeconomic Status
- NCPP Fact Sheet: Low Income Children Under 18 2019
- NCPP Fact Sheet: Low Income Children Under 9 2019
- NCDA Article - Successful Career Counseling Interventions Used with Students in Poverty: A Preliminary Report 2018
- Use this document as a guide for career development strategies
- Explore these VIEW career development resources with students, that highlight the aforementioned strategies: