Contests, Experiences and More

FBI Future Agents in Training Teen Academy

FBI Future Agents in Training Teen Academy- High School Students apply by May 31, 2021

Login to Save.

Virginia  PTA Reflections Program 2021-2022

Virginia PTA Reflections Program 2021-2022

This competition encourages students to explore the arts and express themselves by providing positive recognition for their artistic efforts. The theme for the 2021-2022 program year is "I Will Change the World by..."

Login to Save.

Caring for Our Watersheds

Caring for Our Watersheds

Caring for Our Watersheds is an environmental competition that encourages creativity and rewards students for their solutions to local watershed issues. Winning teams win money to implement their idea. Open to: Classrooms/clubs composed of students in grades 6-10.

Login to Save.

Envirothon

Envirothon

The Virginia Envirothon is a natural resources competition for high school students. Students who participate learn about stewardship and management concepts and work to solve real and hypothetical environmental problems.

Login to Save.

VCU College of Engineering Computer Science Day

Computer Science Day at VCU date tbd. Registration required. Free includes lunch. Learn about cutting edge research with faculty and students from VCU Department of Computer Science.

Login to Save.

Daughters of the American Revolution

Daughters of the American Revolution

Apply here for multiple scholarships awarded annually. Applications are accepted beginning November 1st annually.

Login to Save.

NCDA Poetry and Art Contest

NCDA Poetry and Art Contest

Open to Grades K-Adult. Entries must go through local school and district. Virginia Entry form here.

Login to Save.

STEM Essay Contest

STEM Essay Contest

Each year the Virginia Council on Women provides 1 scholarship to a high school junior or senior in each of 5 geographic regions. Contest launches in November.

Login to Save.

Virginia Museum of History and Culture

Virginia Museum of History and Culture

Virginia History Day contests for students in grades 4-12 compete in any one of 9 categories  as an individual or group. VIEW details here. View District contest deadlines here.

Login to Save.

Valley Health

Valley Health

Health Sciences Academy grades 10-12. Students at high schools in Winchester and the counties of Frederick, Clarke, Warren, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Page are invited to apply, with slots available per school depending on the size of the student body. All applications are handled by the guidance councilor departments at each high school.

Login to Save.

VHSL Academics Competitions

VHSL Academics Competitions

Virginia High School League sponsors several academic contests annually.

Login to Save.

Centra Summer Medical Careers Day Camp

Centra Summer Medical Careers Day Camp

Rising 7-9 graders attend camp at Virginia Baptist Hospital in Lynchburg, VA

Login to Save.

Mathematics and Technology for Talented Youth (MTTY)

Free online individually paced annual program to offer non-credit enrichment courses in mathematics and computer science for students who are entering the 7th grade through 12th grade.

Login to Save.

Division for Health Sciences and Diversity

Programs listed by grade levels 9-12 focusing on health care careers including both summer and academic programs. Applications due in the fall (academic programs) and spring (summer programs)

Login to Save.

Richmond School of Professional & Continuing Studies

Offers classes and programs year round for middle and high school students covering test preparation and career planning for college bound students & educational enrichment. Fees apply.

Login to Save.

Fralin Life Sciences Institute Research Experience for High Schoolers

(FREHS) is an educational program open to aspiring scientists, grades 9 to 12 through non-paid internship positions during fall, spring, and summer semesters. Apply online and email a copy of your resume and cover letter.

Login to Save.