Motion Picture Projectionists
Set up and operate motion picture projection and related sound reproduction equipment.
- Start projectors and open shutters to project images onto screens.
- Monitor operations to ensure that standards for sound and image projection quality are met.
- Operate equipment to show films in a number of theaters simultaneously.
- Set up and adjust picture projectors and screens to achieve proper size, illumination, and focus of images, and proper volume and tone of sound.
- Inspect projection equipment prior to operation to ensure proper working order.
- Perform minor repairs, such as replacing worn sprockets, or notify maintenance personnel of the need for major repairs.
- Open and close facilities according to rules and schedules.
- Set up and inspect curtain and screen controls.
- Coordinate equipment operation with presentation of supplemental material, such as music, oral commentaries, or sound effects.
- Perform regular maintenance tasks, such as rotating or replacing xenon bulbs, cleaning projectors and lenses, lubricating machinery, and keeping electrical contacts clean and tight.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet27)
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)