Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
Core Tasks Include:
- Schedule or dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Arrange for necessary repairs to restore service and schedules.
- Relay work orders, messages, or information to or from work crews, supervisors, or field inspectors, using telephones or two-way radios.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Receive or prepare work orders.
- Monitor personnel or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Record and maintain files or records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, or other dispatch information.
- Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required, according to work orders or specifications.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems, such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, or other hazards.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Ensure timely and efficient movement of trains, according to train orders and schedules.
- Order supplies or equipment and issue them to personnel.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™. (Using onet27)