Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Add dyes, water, detergents, or chemicals to tanks to dilute or strengthen solutions, according to established formulas and solution test results.
- Notify supervisors or mechanics of equipment malfunctions.
- Adjust equipment controls to maintain specified heat, tension, and speed.
- Observe display screens, control panels, equipment, and cloth entering or exiting processes to determine if equipment is operating correctly.
- Prepare dyeing machines for production runs, and conduct test runs of machines to ensure their proper operation.
- Monitor factors such as temperatures and dye flow rates to ensure that they are within specified ranges.
- Start and control machines and equipment to wash, bleach, dye, or otherwise process and finish fabric, yarn, thread, or other textile goods.
- Examine and feel products to identify defects and variations from coloring and other processing standards.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet26)
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)