Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Move controls to adjust, start, or stop equipment during grinding and polishing processes.
- Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met.
- Verify quality of finished workpieces by inspecting them, comparing them to templates, measuring their dimensions, or testing them in working machinery.
- Trim, scrape, or deburr objects or parts, using chisels, scrapers, and other hand tools and equipment.
- Remove completed workpieces from equipment or work tables, using hand tools, and place workpieces in containers.
- Transfer equipment, objects, or parts to specified work areas, using moving devices.
- Repair and maintain equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet26)
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)