Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
Core Tasks Include:
- Collect cash payments from customers, and make change or charge purchases to customers' credit cards, providing customers with receipts.
- Clean parking areas, offices, restrooms, or equipment, and remove trash.
- Perform minor repairs, such as adjusting brakes, replacing spark plugs, or changing engine oil or filters.
- Order stock, and price and shelve incoming goods.
- Rotate, test, and repair or replace tires.
- Grease and lubricate vehicles or specified units, such as springs, universal joints, or steering knuckles, using grease guns or spray lubricants.
- Sell and install accessories, such as batteries, windshield wiper blades, fan belts, bulbs, or headlamps.
- Check tire pressure and levels of fuel, motor oil, transmission, radiator, battery, or other fluids, adding air or fluids as required.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels.
- Prepare daily reports of fuel, oil, and accessory sales.
- Provide customers with information about local roads or highways.
- Maintain customer records and follow up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders of services due.
- Test and charge batteries.
- Operate car washes.
- Clean windshields.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™. (Using onet27)