Help production workers by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Start machines or equipment to begin production processes.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Remove products, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
- Pack and store materials and products.
- Transfer finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet27)
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)